Gang members indicted in killing of Canton bartender

Gang members have been indicted in the killing of Sebastian Dvorak, a popular bartender who was killed in Canton in June 2017.

The arrest is part of a much larger case involving 13 members of the Bloods gang. Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh held a press conference Monday to announce the indictments of gang members working in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.

The indictments are for drug, organized crime and other charges, including the killing of Dvorak.

According to Frosh, a member of the "500L," a subset of the Bloods gang, killed Dvorak. One of the high-ranking members, Robert Lewis, provided a gun to Malik Mungo, who Frosh said robbed and killed Dvorak with another person.

The indictments of 13 defendants include Clinton Davis, 36; Joseph Flowers, 38; Duwarn Holt, 29; Markeece Jordan, 25; Robert Lewis, 38; Malik Mungo, 18; Vernon Miller, 29; Dante Neal, 21; Gregory Randle, 34; Harvey Turner, 28; Keith Worthington, 33; Lienell Young, 33; and Timothy Zeller, 36.

UPDATE: Salisbury woman sentenced for ordering stabbing of inmate at ECI

WESTOVER, Md. - A woman has been sentenced for her role in a racketeering conspiracy and the stabbing of an inmate while she was employed as a correctional officer at Eastern Correctional Institution.

The United States Department of Justice for the District of Maryland says on Friday, Correctional Officer Rachelle Hankerson was sentenced to four years and four months in prison for a racketeering conspiracy that operated at ECI and for deprivation of rights under color of law for participating in the stabbing of an inmate.

The Salisbury woman admitted that she accepted payments from facilitators and inmates to smuggle contraband into ECI, including narcotics, cell phones and tobacco. The 28-year-old charged at least $500 per package of contraband she smuggled into ECI. Authorities say she also admitted that she approached a co-defendant who was a member of the Bloods gang at ECI for whom she smuggled contraband, and asked the inmate to confront another inmate, with whom she had had a verbal dispute.

Police: 20-year-old arrested, 21-year-old suspect identified in death of Makiyah Wilson

WASHINGTON - A 20-year-old man from Southeast DC has been arrested in the death of 10-year-old Makiyah Wilson, according to DC Police.

Police Chief Peter Newsham and Mayor Muriel Bowser announced Saturday that 20-year-old Qujuan Thomas had been arrested on a first-degree murder charge for the death of 10-year-old Makiyah, who was gunned down on July 16 when four gunmen pulled up into her Northeast neighborhood and opened fire on a group of people.

Several others were also injured in the shooting.

Police say they are now trying to locate a 21-year-old Quentin Michals from Southeast. Investigators are also working to identify three other suspects involved in the young girl's death.

According to court documents, now-arrested suspect Thomas took a plea deal for charges related to a robbery with a firearm last summer and had a two-year sentence suspended.

Due to this plea deal, Thomas was out of jail at the time of Makiyah's death when he would have otherwise been behind bars.

Salvadoran man wanted on gang-related homicide charge is deported

An Elizabeth man who is wanted on a gang-related charge in his native El Salvador has been deported, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Melvin Isaac Martinez-Guevara, 25, was pulled over by the police in Brick on June 10, 2017, for a seatbelt violation. The officer learned that there was an Interpol warrant for Martinez-Guevara's arrest for his alleged involvement in a gang-related homicide, according to a Brick police statement.

Authorities say he is a member of the gang Mara Salvatrucha, commonly known as MS-13. Details of the crime were not immediately available on Monday. It was not clear if he had an attorney.

Martinez-Guevara, who police said entered the country illegally, was taken to the Elizabeth Contract Detention Facility after his arrest. He was deported Friday and turned over to authorities in El Salvador, according to a news release from the ICE office in Newark.